For companies that manufacture or import products or substances into the European Union (EU), they must do so in compliance with REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals).
- Governing Agency: European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
- Goal: To improve the protection of human health and the environment through the better and earlier identification of the intrinsic properties of chemical substances
- Your Responsibility: Meet all chemical requirements such as registration, communication, notification, restriction and other aspects of REACH
- Monitor your products for substances on the Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs)
- Potential Penalties and Sanctions in each EU Member State for noncompliance
Experts at Your Service
REACH poses many barriers to your product compliance status. Tetra Tech has experts in North America, the EU and the UK to help you meet your REACH obligations, including support on SVHC Reporting and Full Turnkey REACH Compliance Programs, including Authorization and Registrations.
“Article 8 of the REACH regulation provides a unique opportunity for a company which imports products into the EU to hire an “Only Representative” who completely takes over the liabilities and responsibilities associated with REACH compliance, leaving the importer with a truly turnkey solution to the problem of maintaining access to the EU market.”